Do you have a passion for patient care and managing a team of highly motivated individuals? We have an opening for a supervisor for our intermediate/critical care units, supervising a team of 40+ individuals with the assistance of a leadership team. This is an on-the-floor position overseeing patient care and assisting with training, so strong technical background is necessary. We hospitalize a variety of patients, from post-op surgical patients up to critical table patients, so you will always have the opportunity to learn something new! We have a total of 16 specialties that you will work closely with to oversee and manage their hospitalized patients, including our avian and exotics team.
We are looking for an individual who excels in interpersonal relationships, as you will be working with not only your direct reports but most of the leadership in the hospital—strong emotional intelligence and situational awareness a must. Below is the full job description; we look forward to hearing from you!
Summary: It is the responsibility of the Supervisor to be a positive role model for all staff while overseeing all aspects of the ICU and IMC, department. They will aid the Clinical Staff Manager in deciding how all standards and results required of the department are reached. The ICU/IMC supervisor will manage staff schedules, perform employee coaching and development, and delegate duties and responsibilities to the staff as needed. They will also assist in providing quality, compassionate care for all our clients and patients. The ICU/IMC Supervisor must have good communication skills and a strong professional relationship with all staff to perform the work as delegated and produce quality results. Intimate knowledge of the day-to-day functions of the departments, patient care, and client service skills are a must. This position requires a dependable, high-energy person who can handle multiple tasks at one time and in a high-stress environment.
- Responsible to the Clinical Staff Manager.
- Responsible for ICU/IMC and critical care patient care staff.
- Operationally and administratively accountable for technical staff of ICU/IMC and critical care.
- Promotes and utilizes a patient-centered approach within their department.
- Leads in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of new protocols and processes, assuring appropriate resources for care delivery.
-. Staffing: Maintain staffing and oversees scheduling to complete goals of the ICU/IMC and critical care patient care team.
- Possesses excellent medical staff and clinical relationship development skills.
- Participates as an active member of the departmental Leadership Team.
- Licensed Veterinary Technician in the state of Texas.
- Current clinical leadership experience in the discipline of direct reports.
- Training and Experience: Five years progressive experience in veterinary leadership. Also, prefer previous experience with Risk Management and Safety.
- Adapts positively to the ever-changing healthcare environment by supporting technology and process changes.
- Must possess excellent listening and interpersonal skills and problem-solving methods.
- Must be able to work varying hours as required.
Additional Salary Information: This is a salaried position and is negotiable DOE.
About Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists
Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists was founded in 1988 and is currently one of the largest veterinary hospitals in the country. Today, GCVS is an internationally respected veterinary specialty and emergency hospital with 15 departments, over 50 veterinarians many of whom are board-certified specialists, and more than 300 highly trained support staff.
Our mission is simple: We provide specialized care, in partnership with the veterinary community, to help families with pets. We use our extensive experience and expertise in all major veterinary specialties to provide the highest quality, most comprehensive specialized care for companion animals, while working to advance veterinary technology through education and innovation.
Our commitment is to provide world class specialty and emergency medicine, while identifying and supporting the unique needs of each patient, client, and referring veterinarian. Our doctors are able to draw on their extensive knowledge and training to manage even the most complex cases. Our Emergency and Critical Care Departments provide around-the-clock care to ensure patients are constantly monitored during their road to recovery.
We consider GCVS to be... an extension of the family veterinarian, and work closely with them to provide advanced diagnostics and procedures if specialty or emergency care is needed. We constantly strive to enhance each patient’s care using cutting-edge technology, innovative thinking, interdisciplinary collaboration across multiple specialties, and a state-of-the-art facility. As members of your family, pets deserve nothing less than the best care available.