McAbee Veterinary Hospital, located in Winter Park, FL, is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our growing team!
McAbee Veterinary Hospital, established in 1964, offers high quality and progressive medical, dental and surgical care to a devoted community following. Our cohesive, compassionate staff provides the level of support our doctors need to focus on practicing medicine to the best of their capabilities. We value client service, community involvement, and clear communication, and are seeking an energetic associate to join our team.
About the Hospital:
We are a 9 doctor practice that offers state-of-the-art medical care. We provide our patients with quality medicine through complete whole-life services:
- preventative care
- general medicine
- advanced dentistry
- soft tissue surgery
- orthopedic surgery
Our modern facility includes:
- State of the art digital radiography, including dental
- Digital ultrasound
- Surgical laser
- Full in-house laboratory as well as referral lab availability
For More information, please visit us at: http://www.mcabeevet.vetstreet.com/
An ideal candidate should be outgoing and have a strong work ethic. Is able to easily connect and communicate with clients and team members alike. Is passionate about providing high levels of clinical care in the exam room as well as in the surgical suite. Candidates with >1 year of experience are preferred.
· A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
· Licensure in good standing to practice in Florida
· Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
· Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
· Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
· Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
· Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
· Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you.
We offer a competitive benefits package including:
Health, Dental, Vision
Annual CE funds, DEA and Licensure
and other industry perks
Internal Number: 3743
About McAbee Animal Hospital
The veterinary profession isn’t like any other—it’s the only field predicated on the love of a patient who can’t tell you what’s hurting and can only look to you for help. It takes a special kind of person to do that job, or the jobs supporting that job. NVA doesn’t create those special people—we find them, cultivate them, and give them resources and opportunities to do what only they can do. Whether treating patients, managing a pet resort, or serving hospitals from NVA’s Support Center, NVA’s animal professionals are caring people, united by a love of animals. NVA is proud to honor that connection and is committed to serving our team members by providing them with the tools, support, and freedom to be the professionals they’ve always wanted to be.