Fuel your passion for patient care with a team of compassionate veterinary professionals who are committed to medical and surgical excellence in an empathetic, warm, and friendly environment. We offer interesting, diverse, and challenging cases with a dedication to maintaining Work+Lifebalance.
Here at Gresham Animal Hospital, we value that our team is the foundation not just of our business, but of our culture. Through consistent growth based on the quality of our service, we have the opportunity to warmly welcome a new team member to partner with us in the next exciting phase of our journey.
For over 75 years, Gresham Animal Hospital has been providing loving care to our patients and their owners. We are the oldest animal hospital in East County and growing...so much that the original facility was replaced by a brand new state of the art hospital in 2010. We are a renowned, 5 doctor, small animal practice that provides the highest standard of care to our patients and five-star customer service to our clients. Our mission is to provide medical and surgical excellence with honesty, respect, and integrity.
What our employees can expect from us
We will help connect you with the people, resources, and opportunities you need to succeed. We will uphold a culture that supports the well-being of the team and the individual. We will provide a leadership team committed to a servant based leadership model. We will surround you with a team of veterinary professionals that support the highest quality care for the patients of Gresham Animal Hospital. We will set the direction to meet our client’s needs, mindful of the efficiency required for today’s market without compromising compassionate client service, and evolve with the industry for the love of pets and people who love them.
About this role
We value our Associate Veterinarians providing an environment for optimal skill utilization and development. Our Veterinarians work collaboratively while maintaining their personalized approach to case management. We provide excellent paraprofessional support to our Associate Veterinarians.
• Longevity & Stability: our team loves what they do and where they work, with senior members of the team having been here 15+ years! • Friendly/Inclusive Culture: Our team treats our clients and each other with respect and kindness. We strive to ensure everyone feels welcome. • We are a Highly Efficient team, adapting quickly to the changing demands of veterinary medicine which has allowed for incredible growth in the hospital.
As a Veterinary Professional you already have the aptitude to understand the day to day requirements of being a talented Veterinarian. We would like to highlight some of the indispensable skills that we are seeking that are especially significant to this opportunity.
• Demonstrated leadership efficiently driving team workflow while prioritizing patient care • Superb communication skills with a focus on client experience and team synergy • Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service. • Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Your qualifications are unquestionably essential to your success in this role and it is relied on that you exemplify talent and expertise as a Veterinarian. These qualities are equally important to our team:
• Ability to quickly build rapport with clients, team members, and leadership. • Collaboration with leadership and patient care team ensuring protocols sustain superb patient care. • Knowing your measure, working independently but also knowing when to call for assistance. • Confidence to own tasks and responsibilities, and deliver positive outcomes. • Responding to the pressure of a fast-paced environment with dignity, presence, and grace.
What we ask of you, our employees
You align your work flow to our business goals, client needs, and the needs of our community. You connect with your peers and the entire team to deliver the best patient outcomes and results. You are committed to individual and team accountability in a way that supports a respectful and positive workplace culture that celebrates diversity. You understand by finding connection in contributing to the wellbeing of our team, our patients, our clients, yourself, the industry, and our community as a whole.
Gresham Animal Hospital is situated in the beautiful Pacific Northwest at the gateway to the Columbia River Gorge. Our location provides easy access to the amenities and culture rich city of Portland, while providing easy access to Mount Hood and the Oregon coast for all of your outdoor adventures. Our hospital is located across the street from Gresham Station providing easy access to restaurants and shopping to enjoy over lunch.
In order to attract talented Veterinary Professionals like you, we offer a sign on bonus and balanced approach to compensation based on your expertise including
• Competitive salary + production compensation structure • Scheduling that promotes work life balance • $2,500 annual Continuing Education Allowance • Hospital provided continuing education to support your career growth • Career Growth Opportunities • In-house Training/Mentorship • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with HSA/FSA options • Employee Assistance Program • Life Insurance • Accident and Disability Insurance • Paid Vacation • 401k with employer match • Employee pet care discount • Pet insurance discount • Guaranteed Sundays off, with a rotation working every other Saturday
• A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university. • Licensure in good standing to practice in Oregon, or the ability to obtain an Oregon license. • The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members. • A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics. • New graduates welcome!
Imagine an animal hospital with a team of compassionate veterinary professionals who are committed to medical and surgical excellence, value the personal and professional growth of all staff members, endeavor to never stop learning, and love going to work every day. Imagine that animal hospital is located in a beautiful, highly desirable area with a wealth of outdoor activities and big-city amenities, while still maintaining that small-town, close-knit feel. Now, imagine that animal hospital is looking for a passionate veterinary professionals.
These things don’t have to be a fantasy, because Gresham Animal Hospital in Gresham, Oregon is looking for talented veterinary professionals to help us meet the needs of our flourishing animal hospital!
You’ll love the support staff-to-doctor ratio, innovative and progressive team, fun but professional atmosphere, and outstanding benefits. Our hospital has been serving the community for more than 75 years, and our dedication to the people and pets shines through in everything we do.
For details on this amazing opportunity, click on the job opening in this post. We would also be happy to connect with anyone interested in more information about our hospital or employment opportunities.