Pet+ER is looking for a Chief of Staff for our Towson, MD location. If you are an Emergency Veterinarian or Criticalist who is looking for what’s next, this is the job for you!
Pet+ER is the leading emergency/critical care veterinary hospital in Maryland, that can handle the most severe emergency and critical care cases 24 hours a day. Staffed by highly trained, compassionate emergency veterinarians and board certified criticalist, with a support staff whose unconditional love and expertise is unparalleled, and partnership with the Chesapeake Veterinary Referral Center all within our cutting edge facility. Pet+ER is the only Veterinary Emergency + Critical Care Society (VECCS) Level II facility in Maryland.
· Service Excellence- We strive to provide the best client experience possible. We aim to exceed expectations by delivering care with understanding, empathy and professionalism.
· Integrity- Our actions are consistent with our values and beliefs
· Teamwork-We value behavior that puts team performance ahead of individual performance and work together in order to achieve our goals.
· Innovation- We are open-minded in our approach and believe that improvement will be achieved by continually evaluating and implementing new and different ideas.
· Goal Orientation- We engage with intention, set expectations, and perform in such a way that goals are achieved. We believe that continual self-evaluation will enable us to achieve our goals in the future.
Why choose Pet+ER?
· Dedication to our mission, vision, and core values of Collaboration, Inclusivity, Innovation, Community and Deliberation are the priorities of our hospital.
· Located in a multi-specialty hospital offering 24/7 Emergency Care and providing specialist services including Cardiology, Critical Care, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Oncology and Surgery
· Pet+ER is a joint-venture with NVA Compassion-First, and provides eligible leaders a path to hospital ownership and equity
· We offer competitive salary with opportunity for commission, sign-on bonus, and relocation stipend.
· We offer a total rewards and comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, health insurance, dental, vision, and 401K, plus reimbursement of license and professional association fees, and generous CE allowance.
The Chief of Staff supports the Hospital Manager and Medical Director in their roles through management of day-to-day location-based items. This will include attending leadership meetings for management of their location and lending to the strategic planning processes across the Pet+ER. The position is intended to help connect the Hospital Manager and Medical Director to the needs of the doctor team and hospital at their location and filter essential information to support the team to the hospital manager or from the hospital manager to the doctor team.
The Chief of Staff manages the execution of medical protocols and monitors for the consistency of medical standards and practices at their location to ensure that Pet+ER’s values and goals are met. The position will support any training and on-boarding occurring at that location as well as approval and application of the final doctor schedule. The Chief of Staff is the primary support for the Hospital Manager and Medical Director. She/He has the decision-making responsibility for day-to-day aspects of the doctor team, while reporting and partnering with the Hospital Manager and Medical Director to set and achieve long term goals for Hospital growth.
Leadership Duties and Responsibilities
· Leads the DVM/ VMD team at their location (including relief)
· Set/ finalizes monthly ER doctor schedule
· Partners with Hospital Manager and Medical Director to ensure the execution of established medical and hospital protocols
· Partners with Hospital Manager, Medical Director and site medical support leaders to modify or establish ER protocols, hospital flows, and supporting training
· Oversees doctor performance, conducts regular 1:1s, annual reviews, and other performance-related activities, such as oversight of doctor disciplinary actions and termination of doctor team at specified location. Including, but not limited to, determining what actions result in warning or terminations, implementing disciplinary procedures when necessary (verbal, written warning, action plan, probation, etc.) with the support of the Hospital Manager and Medical Director as needed
· Oversees relationship with location Specialists outside of Pet+ER with the support of the Hospital Manager and Medical Director
· Oversees relationship with locations rDVM community with the support of the Hospital Manager and Medical Director
· Attends Towson leadership team meetings
· Maintains communication with referring veterinarian community via direct conversations on complicated referral cases as well as addressing concerns
· Clinical work - 2 shifts/ week plus one weekend/ month
· Additional in-hospital administration time/ week- approximately 10-16 hr
Pet+ER ideal candidate:
· Board-certified Criticalist or Experienced (2+ years) ER doctor
· Values integrity, exhibits superior communication, displays excellent client service + patient care
· Strong skill set to build and foster a strong clinical team
· A collaborative leader who will match and embrace Pet+ER’s culture
NVA Compassion-First is a community of more than 100 specialty and emergency hospitals across North America driven by the spirit of collaboration and focused on empowering the advancement of veterinary medicine at the local hospital level. NVA Compassion-First is the trusted partner of hospital teams who are looking for more—more resources to advance their medicine, a greater sense of belonging, and increased opportunities to care for their patients, clients, and people. Learn more at NVACompassionFirst.com
Looking for qualified candidates to fill openings in a variety of private and corporate practices across the US. This may include, DVM/VMD of all levels of experience, as well as technicians, assistants, administrative and customer service team members.